1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Forgotten microsoft email password on acer laptop

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Happie, Nov 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Happie

Happie Thread Starter

I recently bought an acer touchscreen laptop from a friend who recently passed away. I cannot log into the acer laptop because í do not know his password or pin # and unfortunately he os now deceased. When latop is turned on it automatically asks for microsoft email address and password or pin#. Laptop does not have a cd drive on it but it is touchscreen. How can í bypass the password or pin# to use my laptop?

2. lunarlander

lunarlander

The best thing to do in situations like this is to re-install Windows, so that you will also be rid of the baggage. Go download MS Media Creation Tool to generate a USB stick, then boot with it and choose Custom Install. I assume he was running Win 10, so it should activate with no problems as MS remembers the hardware.

3. Happie

Happie Thread Starter

Thank you so much for the advice. I Jope it works

4. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    Since it's tied to a Microsoft account I don't know if it will work. You may need to speak to Microsoft if you run into account creating issues.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1219601

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice