Forgotten microsoft email password on acer laptop

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Happie

I recently bought an acer touchscreen laptop from a friend who recently passed away. I cannot log into the acer laptop because í do not know his password or pin # and unfortunately he os now deceased. When latop is turned on it automatically asks for microsoft email address and password or pin#. Laptop does not have a cd drive on it but it is touchscreen. How can í bypass the password or pin# to use my laptop?

The best thing to do in situations like this is to re-install Windows, so that you will also be rid of the baggage. Go download MS Media Creation Tool to generate a USB stick, then boot with it and choose Custom Install. I assume he was running Win 10, so it should activate with no problems as MS remembers the hardware.

Happie

The best thing to do in situations like this is to re-install Windows, so that you will also be rid of the baggage. Go download MS Media Creation Tool to generate a USB stick, then boot with it and choose Custom Install. I assume he was running Win 10, so it should activate with no problems as MS remembers the hardware.

Thank you so much for the advice. I Jope it works

Couriant

James
Since it's tied to a Microsoft account I don't know if it will work. You may need to speak to Microsoft if you run into account creating issues.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online