Forgotten Password for ADMIN acct WinXP

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Tumang2k

Hello everyone,

I misplaced my password for the admin acct on my sons puter...

Is there any help in getting it so I can install a game on his machine ??

Either a prg or a hack or a way to got into the registry to get it ??

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated !! :)

Sincerely

Tumang2k

crjdriver

There is a method for doing just what you ask, however it boarders on hacking or cracking. After a mod reviews this thread [and approves] I will post instructions on how to do this.

dai

boot into safe mode and then go and change it or create a new admin account

Send me an e-mail and I'll send you a link where you can download some free software to change the admin password if you can't figure out what it is.

There is still conflicting information about whether it is ok to post the information on this site.

DaveBurnett

Account Closed
dai said:
boot into safe mode and then go and change it or create a new admin account
Won't work, you still need Admin privileges to create a new account.

But what you do is change the admin password with the boot disk to something you know. Then you can login with the admin account.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online