1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Forgotten Password

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by silver_lexus, Jan 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. silver_lexus

silver_lexus Thread Starter

I have a Compaq Notebook running Windows 2000 Pro. I have forgotten the password. I have tried F5 & F8. Safe Mode still takes me to a password dialogue box. I have put in the restore disk & at the C promt.

Question : Where is the password file for me to change or bypass to add a new password and where is the Windows box for me to load windows?

2. Bob Cerelli

Bob Cerelli

3. silver_lexus

I have downloaded and read all the blurbfrom your first site. It says that I need a special program rawrite.exe to copy these files from the download to the floppy. Where do you get this program?Or have you found it unnecessary? I tried to download your disc and it is 1.5 MB too big for a floppy. Is there something I can remove from it to make it work?
    Thanks for your help
    alan

4. Bob Cerelli

Bob Cerelli

If you look on that page, there is the location to download rawrite.

Also, my file is to burn to a CD. It is not intended to be used for a floppy.

5. silver_lexus

Great stuff.

I downloaded the Rawrite and still had problems until I realised you had to have rawrite and the download in the same directory. It worked a treat and I've kept your file on CD for good measure.

Thanks for your help
    Alan:D

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/112850

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice