Forgotten win xp home users admin account password

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

moamoamoamoa

Big problem easily solved you may be thinking but...... All I have to work on is a normal users account with NO priviledges.

I cannot logon via ctrl-alt del del route as administrator as I get unable to logon becuase of an account restriction.

I cannot logon as administrator in safe mode. I get an error which flashes too quickly to be seen. I've tried to press Pause key but no use. All I can see is 0x8??????????? This is the same for all safe modes.

I cannot edit any registry settings. Values cannot be changed.

I cannot use control userpasswords2 as I am not an administrator.

I've tried using XP home install CD to repair but cannot get the laptop to boot from CD ROM despite changing BIOS settings. I've also tried a few password recovery tools but again, cannot boot from CD.

This is driving me mad and I refuse to be beaten. Can anone suggest any other route I may have missed or advise how to get the laptop to boot from CD so I can at least attempt to use the recover option on the boot cd?

[edited]

endfro I trust you will not have to be warned further about providing such "tips".

moamoamoamoa

Thanks for the reply but allow me to retort...

I cannot boot from the CD rom.

"I've tried using XP home install CD to repair but cannot get the laptop to boot from CD ROM despite changing BIOS settings. I've also tried a few password recovery tools but again, cannot boot from CD."

Please read TSG Rules !

Passwords - Please do not ask for assistance with forgotten passwords and/or bypassing them. As there is no way to verify the actual situation and/or intentions, no assistance will be provided and any such threads will be closed.
~a

We are not able to help with such issues. The thread will be closed and any references to cracking software deleted.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online