Form Results Saved To CSV File

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

keith10456

Kindly let me know how to setup my form so the results from the form will be saved to a .csv file.

I'm using FrontPage '03.

Dose your web host support server side scripting or are you wanting to create the CSV file on the client side?

Can you explain further what you are trying to accomplish??

keith10456

I'm setting up a form for a contest. I want the data stored in a file rather receiving it via e-mail (or in addition to the e-mail).

keith10456 said:
I'm setting up a form for a contest. I want the data stored in a file rather receiving it via e-mail (or in addition to the e-mail).
Then you wouldn't want it client side. It's fairly easy to do in FrontPage, but first your server needs to have:
  • FrontPage extensions (enabled) OR...
  • A Microsoft OS (not Linux).

Just right click in the form area, and go to "Form Properties..."
Click on the "Send to" option, and fill out that form. (Default is _private/form_results.csv for the file name field).

Will that do it?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts