Form/Table Problem in MS Access 2010?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ArchAngel91

I have a problem I made a database that has all my movie collection from different formats (DVD, Blu-Ray, HD DVD, etc...) but in my Movies Form under the text box format it shows the ID but not the actual format but on all others like TV Shows it shows the format? How can i fix that?

I'm taking a guess here, but if you used a combo box in the form then it's probably just that you need to go into the properties box and change the column width of the first column to zero.

ArchAngel91

I'm taking a guess here, but if you used a combo box in the form then it's probably just that you need to go into the properties box and change the column width of the first column to zero.
Well I can try that but its only the Movies Forms that giving me that problem like it display a 1 or 2 while TV Shows displays DVD or Blu-Ray

You are displaying the wrong column or the wrong column width is set to 0

ArchAngel91

You are displaying the wrong column or the wrong column width is set to 0
Well in Form Properties I selected to use the Format Table for that specific text box in the form and i done the same for all forms but just the Movies one displays the 1 or 2 it looks like the ID numbers but not the actual format field next to the ID column

ArchAngel91

Is it a text box or a combo box? There is a difference.
It is a Text Box It suppose to display the data from the tables so when people look at my database they can see my Movie/TV Show Collection instead of going though Cases of discs trying to find something to watch?

OBP

Is the "format" in a separate table?
If so are the movies correctly related to that table?
Can you show a Screenshot of your table relationships?

ArchAngel91

Is the "format" in a separate table?
If so are the movies correctly related to that table?
Can you show a Screenshot of your table relationships?
I have none of my tables in relationships I used form properties and under data tab I used the Controlled Source for it to display the dats

OBP

In the main table is the "Format" field a "Lookup Field"?
If it is change the Form's format field to a Combo box with the first column width set to 0cms.

ArchAngel91

In the main table is the "Format" field a "Lookup Field"?
If it is change the Form's format field to a Combo box with the first column width set to 0cms.
The Format table has all the formats(DVDs, Blu-rays, etc..) and also I have a Movies table which stores all the data in which it has a Field called Format which get the data from the Format table but in the forms only one form is giving me problems which is the Movie one which displays the number but not the format like the other forms display

This is going nowhere fast. Please take a screenshot of the form and field in question as well as the properties for the text box in question.

OBP

Rockn, it looks like it should be a lookup combo instead of the Text box.

ArchAngel91

Rockn, it looks like it should be a lookup combo instead of the Text box.
even if i change it to a text box it gives me the same number. I'll probably redo the table and form and see what happens from there

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online