format and partition second hard drive in winxp

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

carlo_scute

hello and good day experts,

i'll go to my question:

i have a primary hard drive working fine and added another hard drive 80gig maxtor as a slave and i'm using win xp pro.

i know there's computer management menu here in winxp, my question is:
on how to format then partition my second hd,into 2(40 gig and 40 gig).
basically i need the correct steps or commands.

thanks!

Hi Carlo
If you have nothing you need on the 2nd drive then as you say go into comp management then disk management, choose the second disk right click and choose format. (y)
Wolfey

carlo_scute

thanks, done that wolfeymole,
it's taking some time because of the full format - ntfs

-then how do i partition it into 2 parts,40 gigabyte each?

Windows XP does not support FAT more than 32 GB
Make partition in NTFS
My Computer--->Manage--->Disk Management--->Click 2nd HDD--->Right Click--->Create Partition--->Select primary---->Give capacity(FAT>32 GB)

Are you hung up on FAT pcs113?
Are you trying to tell Carlo to format the second drive to FAT?
(n)
Wolfey

Carlo,
As wolfey said, you should have had an option of setting the size of the partition when you right clicked on the drive and began the partitioning stage. Did you get that at the start?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online