1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

format computer

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by starwolf39, Jan 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. starwolf39

starwolf39 Thread Starter

how do i format my winME computer so that I can start fresh again? and does this correct any problems/viruses that may have existed on the computer before?

2. ratchet

ratchet

3. starwolf39

i need someone to look at that start up log and see if there's a problem.

4. anglin_fool

anglin_fool

Formatting the HD does not wipe out certain viruses. Boot sector viruses will survive a format. IMHO, do a virus scan to see if there are any viruses and fix them accordingly. The people here will help.

5. starwolf39

ok but if there isnt a virus then i need to know how to format my WinME comp.

6. ratchet

ratchet

starwolf39,
    After you have checked for and removed any worms or viruses
    you can check here for instruction on formating H/D,
    http://www.bootdisk.com/
    If ME is like 98, when you reboot with your startup disk, type in help at A: prompt and follow the directions.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/66663

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice