Format Harddrive

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

tnutall

I am trying to format my HD. How do I get my system to boot to Dos to start-off? I am running Windows ME

You can use a win98 startup disk to boot to dos, just don't use the /s switch behind the format command if your going to reinstall winme

I'm sure there is another way but that's the only one I know of

If you need a win98 bootdisk you can download one here
www.bootdisk.com

tnutall

ok, I downloaded both bootdisk for 98 and ME and it still does not work. HELP! lol

make sure you bios boot option's are set to boot from a first, then c. No reason a win98 boot disk won't get you to the command prompt, then select the drive you want to format and format it.

Hi Tnutall,
When you downloaded those bootdisks.....did you make sure to download them to your computer........then double click them and wait for the prompt to insert your floppy to be copied to?

Daizy

tnutall

OK, format done. But for some reason the system will not run the software that came with it. (Gateway of course)
run setup and install will not work. I also coppied software onto HD then tried to run.....no luck.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online