Format Problem writing audio CD

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Candace_Sanchez

Hi! I'm having trouble writing a cd in a format that I can use in my car or other cd player to listen to. I downloaded some audio files from the internet and wrote them to CD-but the cd player rejects it (spits it out). The media I used was CD-RW and CD-R but neither one would work with the CDA format. So I converted the format from CDA to mp3, and that does seem to work, but each song has a really long pause before it begins. Does anyone know the preferred format for audio cd's and what software would best convert it. I use Rio's Audio Manager, but that seems limited in options for file types. Thanks for any direction you can give me.

I prefer to burn WAV files to CD. They work in my car and other CD players so I've always done it that way.

I use Winamp to make the WAV files from MP3's (diskwriter plug-in)
I use NERO to burn the CD's
To get rid of the pauses in NERO, I double click the track on the left side and a proerties window comes up and lets you select the millisecond delay between tracks. You can change them all to 0 except for track one.

Candace_Sanchez

Nero is the software I downloaded last night, and I'll try your suggestions to get rid of the pauses between songs. What's your take on CD writing Media, I'm having alot of difficulty finding the right media to right to...R/W seems to be for data not audio files, some r-o work, and some don't seem to. Is there a particular kind I need to use to be able to listen in most or all cd players? CDA files seem to work fine, as long as I have the correct writing program and the correct media...

As for media I use Fujifilm 80 minute and ONLY Fujifilm CD-R's. I only use CD-RW's for data backup. Go with CD-R's and make sure you finalize the CD before you put it in a regular CD player. Depending on your burner (I have an HP 4100), those CD's should run and act just like regular music CD's.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online