Format Problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

keebs

Specs-
Amd Athlon 64 3800+
MSI K8NGM2-L Mobo
512MB PC3200 400mhz
WD1600JS 160GB SATAII HD

I had just built this computer the other day so when i tryed to format to install windows from the cd it freezed at 46 and an hour passes and continues to 47, its been a day now and its up to 74 still formating anyone know why???

Is this a new Hard Drive, or one that has been used before? Its possible that you got a bad hard drive.

keebs

prunejuice said:
And you're loading the SATA drivers from a floppy at the prompt, right?
Ahhh that might be the problem, no i havent loading any drivers with the floppy, can u explain to me how i should do so?

keebs

Thanks for the replys but does anyone know how to boot the drivers?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online