1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

format problems

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by ballsaresquare, Feb 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ballsaresquare

ballsaresquare Thread Starter

trying to format my harddrive, when i enter "formatc:" keeps coming up "required parameters missing" help!

2. blues_harp28

blues_harp28 Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

Hi and welcome to TSG.
    Are you leaving a space between format c: ?

3. ballsaresquare

no, should i

4. ballsaresquare

no, is that what i should be doing?

5. Bob Cerelli

Bob Cerelli

Yes, there needs to be a space between FORMAT and C:

format C:

6. ballsaresquare

cheers guys, its worked! drive is now formatted. got another problem now though. reinstalled windows 98, when i try to install the cd i got from my broadband provider which installs the external modem i keep getting an error message about "DIRAPI.DLL" any ideas?

7. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    You don't really need to install any software that your ISP gives you. All you need is the correct settings to enter - which your ISP can provide and walk you through over the phone.

What you do need to do is to install the driver software for the network adapter. That's the port that connects the broadband modem to the computer with a RJ-45 cable.

Read here and see if it helps.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/542249

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice