format problems

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ballsaresquare

trying to format my harddrive, when i enter "formatc:" keeps coming up "required parameters missing" help!

blues_harp28

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Hi and welcome to TSG.
Are you leaving a space between format c: ?

ballsaresquare

cheers guys, its worked! drive is now formatted. got another problem now though. reinstalled windows 98, when i try to install the cd i got from my broadband provider which installs the external modem i keep getting an error message about "DIRAPI.DLL" any ideas?

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
You don't really need to install any software that your ISP gives you. All you need is the correct settings to enter - which your ISP can provide and walk you through over the phone.

What you do need to do is to install the driver software for the network adapter. That's the port that connects the broadband modem to the computer with a RJ-45 cable.

Read here and see if it helps.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online