1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

format reinstall 98se gone down the tubes

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by mtlewphd, Sep 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mtlewphd

mtlewphd Thread Starter

formatted tried to reinstall win98se said there was already an operating sys recommend that i exit and run setup through cdrom did that setup stopped and goed alot went into my computer i now have 2 floppie and 2 harddrive but only one if i try to go into the extra its not available or something like that. harddrive is not partioned or anything. how do i go about demolishing those extra drives so they are not listed like before i started and is there a chance my original win98se disk went bad?

2. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Hi, can you explain that a little better? You have Windows installed now or no?

3. mtlewphd

mtlewphd Thread Starter

i reformatted when i went to install win98se it said that there was already an operating sysytem on there to exit setup and then run set up from the cd rom well its on there now. but now i have 2 floppies and 2 hard drives listed in my computer when there is only 1 of each if try to open the extras it says it is not accesable how do i completly wipe the 2 extras out and completely get rid of 98 and everything on the computer

4. mtlewphd

mtlewphd Thread Starter

ok out of complete aggravation shut it off and let it alone for about 15 min now i go into my computer the drives are the way they should be will it stay that way now?

5. mtlewphd

mtlewphd Thread Starter

i guess i need to know now is why didnt it wipe everthing out when i formated and if my disk went bad or something

6. ~Candy~

I'm not sure that you did a format, as it wouldn't have cried about finding a previous operating system. I guess you'll need to tell us what steps you took to make you believe that you did a format?

7. DVOM

DVOM

Did you boot with a 98 boot floppy to do the format?

8. mtlewphd

mtlewphd Thread Starter

ok redid the whole format process again this time didnt get the 2 extra drives nor the message about having another operating system. everything is going ok but heres a question seperate from the format this what is the msvbm60.dll file i was installing games on it for friend and it says that file was not found

9. ~Candy~

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/164561

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice