Formating a NTFS HD

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

DaveSS

Folks, I'm ridding a Test PC of Server 2000 and would like to wipe the disk clean to allow for a fresh installation of a basic ME or XP OS. I only know Fdisk. Which doesn't seem to work, as it's in NTFS format. Is there another way to quickly erase the disk?

Maybe Partition Magic? ( it always messes up by disks anyway?!!!)

just boot up with the xp cd and you can choose to format and newly install xp.
i wouldnt bother with ME,its a buggy pile of $4!t;)

DaveSS

Erm, This is a work thing, and Licenses are required so ME is the choice. Besides, never had a prob with it.

Prob is Nothing seems to want to wipe Server 2000 of the disk?!

Having been in a similar situation I booted using the ME CD Rom and was given the option to delete a non fat32 partition?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online