Formating the hard drive

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

hitesh.h

Hey

From past 2 to 3 months my desktop computer is functioning really slow, and due my negligence of not installing a anti virus software which can protect my computer from virus. My computer is completely missed up and i wanted to format the hard drive and reinstall windows xp software which i tried for the first time but failed to do that so i wanted some help with this and if i can some written notes with how to do this i will be so thank full :D

muppy03

Chris
Hi hitesh.h, Firstly what comp do you have, what discs do you have? You have the xp disc by the sound of it what about one for drivers ets.
Also when you do format and reinstall you will LOSE all your documents and programs. Do you have disks for software you will have to reinstall and have you backed up and saved all the documents you want to keep.

You say you failed your first attempt? where did you get up to/what happened?

have you tried installing antivirus soft ware? there are quite a few good free ones available for download.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Do you have an actual XP CD and its 25-digit product code? If it's an actual XP CD, is it SP1 or SP2?

When you attempted to reinstall the first time, how did the install fail? What exactly happened?

------------------------------------------------------------------

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts