1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Formating tools?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by YZ-ryder, Apr 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. YZ-ryder

YZ-ryder Thread Starter

Ok, I have the w32.blaster.worm and it is driving me crazy. I cant format with the windows xp cd because the virus is right back on after I format. Does anyone know how else i can format? Does anyone know of any format utilities I can use?I have a maxtor 80gb hard drive. Thanks, Michael

2. Wet Chicken

Wet Chicken

You need to use format /u or viruses may hide.

The best software to use is PartitionExpert. Much better and faster than Partition Magic ;)

3. catlady13

catlady13

Does format /u mean unconditional format ? Sorry curious mind has to know .. and thank you .. and what is the difference that it makes between that and just doing a format /c ? pretty please.. I looked on the net but couldn't find it ..

4. Wet Chicken

Wet Chicken

Well OK I'll tell you what it means... but only because you said pretty please :D

Yes it does mean unconditional. It will wipe the drive from stem to stern, no exceptions, and that includes any viruses that may be lurking on there ;)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/218223

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice