formatted C:/ and missing memory now ??

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

nelliek9

Can someone please help me ???????????

I have a Intel 866 Pentium 3
Bx Motherboard (tnt2 onboard)
128 Megabyte of SDRAM
20 GB hard drive
1.44 floppy disk drive
LG cd Writer
32 Meg Video
3D stero sound
56k Modem

I formatted my C drive and have a problem with my memory missing now. it only showing 1313MB and i have tryed everything to fix the problem and nothing has worked.
I evan tryed to re-format C drive, but i just keep getting a message saying not enough memory to format C drive.
I am new to this and need all the help I can get, if you need more information please email me
thanks

Is the c drive the whole drive, it's not partitioned into multiple drives is it

run fdisk, choose option #4 partition info, what does it report for you drive.

nelliek9

I ran fdisk, and it said the following

partition C:1
status A
type Pri Dos
Mbytes 2047
system FAT 16
Usage 11%
Total disk space is 19093 Mbytes

Reformat it again, when you run fdisk, answer Y to the question about LBA, that's what's keeping you from seeing the full size of the drive.

LBA will use fat32, without it, you use fat16 file system which has a 2 gig limit.

nelliek9

thanks BrianF i will try that and get back to you
happy new year nelliek9

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online