Formatted USB drive now files not recognized

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

peewee008

I was unable to load a movied to my 64G flash drive so I formatted (as suggested here) to the other format and now the player on my Sony Blue Ray system (Google TV) won't recognize the file ?? Do I need another app for the different file ?

managed

Allan
What format was it originally and what format did you change it to ? How big is the movie file ?

Oddba11

Jim
It's My Birthday!
What file systems are supported by the player? Typically, you should use FAT32. Some players support NTFS. External storage file system support should be noted in the User Manual.

In addition to the file system used, the file itself needs to be in a format supported by the player. This should also be noted in the User Manual of the player.

Changing the file system does not change or affect the file type support. They are both seperate.

peewee008

I noticed I downloaded a mkv file for the VLC player. Either I have to install this player on my GoogleTV/Sony Blue Ray player and/or download a MP4 copy of the same movie. Thanks to all.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online