1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

formatting a cd

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Rosie1949, Apr 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rosie1949

Rosie1949 Thread Starter

I have a CD writer plus. I was told in order to transfer data to a cd, I need to format my cd. Can you tell me how to do this. I went to cd creator but didn't find any info on formatting.

Thank you
    Rosie

2. RSM123

RSM123

3. slipe

slipe

You do NOT format a CD to write to it with EZ CD Creator.

You can copy a CD by choosing “Copy” from the opening wizard. You can copy an audio or program CD with the copy function unless it is copy protected. Most games and a very few audio CDs are copy protected.

If you select “Audio” from the wizard you can compile favorites from multiple audio CDs or record MP3s from the computer so they can be played as a normal audio CD in a CD player.

If you select “Data” from the wizard you can record anything from the hard drive. You can set the software to close the session but leave the CD open and add more sessions. If you record MP3 files as data they remain MP3 files and are not converted to audio.

There is another program called DirectCD that usually loads with EZCD. To use that you have to format the CD. You should have a DirectCD icon in your system tray that you would use to open DirectCD and format the CD. You can format either a CDR or CDRW disc. If you use RW you can erase or overwrite individual entries. You can not record audio with DirectCD.

Once the CD is formatted you record by dragging stuff to the drive in Windows Explorer.

As a general rule never trust anything to a RW written with DirectCD that you don’t have another source for. It is easy to lose data.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/127699

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice