Formatting an IFRAME

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

brendandonhu

On my site, I have darkish colors; blue, grayish-black, etc. But I have an IFRAME of a page from another site, which has white background and black text, so it doesnt fit in with my page. I already have the CSS for my page colors, can I apply this to the Iframe, or is there another way I can change its background color?

Since the Iframed page is on someone else's site, I can not modify that file itself. And many of you will probably tell me an iframe is not good to use in page design, I have decided its the best way to accomplish what I want.

if you know this person and they're okay with you mirroring their site, you could ask them to use DIV id's and SPAN id's and set their tags to CSS id's that you know of, then name your CSS id's the same. you'd have to put a LINK REL tag in the HEAD and both you and the person who owns the site would need to have it point to CSS in the main directory with the same file name. everything would have to correlate.

brendandonhu

Thanks for all of that info!
Unfortunately I can't get the person to do that. I will just have to play with the colors on that area of my page and make it look decent.

Thanks anyway.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online