Formatting changed in Word docs when open Onedrive

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Chrissierob

Hi, not sure if this is the right place to post this as I'm new here and really not very technically minded! I have lots of word documents saved to Onedrive and have a new laptop, but when I open them in the new laptop the formatting is all out. Any ideas? Thanks!

Do you mean just the formatting of paragraphs and the spacing? Check what layout you are using. Web layout might remove this stuff, switch to Print layout.

Info on how to change layouts/views here:
https://www.lifewire.com/changing-word-document-views-3540215

If you mean more than that (ie: fonts, bold, italic, etc) , then what version of Word were these documents created in, and what version of Word are you using now?

DaveA

David
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
The formatting of a Word document is set by many items, including the default printer.
Sometime when a different printer is set as the default, the non printed areas are smaller or larger, which will affect the display of the files.

You also did not tell us what versions of Word is on each machine?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online