Formatting Hard Drive.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Hotshot510

I just installed a second 200 GB hard drive. My master HD is 120 GB. Everything went okay with just one problem. When I format this drive it reads that I have 127 GB free space.
When I check in Computer Management window it says 127.99 GB NTFS in one box and in a box beside it it says 58.32 GB Unallocated.

What is the 53 GB unallocated? Can I use it in some way ? I would like to be able to use the whole 200 GB of this drive.
I am using XP Professional SP 2.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.:confused:

Just a shot in the dark but you could go to your hd website and look for something like a big drive enabler. Supposedly it will change your registry to allow for hd's over 127GB or 137GB.

Hotshot510

Thanks lazybear went to Western Digital site and downloaded their Data Lifegaurd software which changed registry and allowed me to format to 186 GB.
Now I know lol

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online