1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Formatting in MS Outlook

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by theMusicMan, Jan 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. theMusicMan

theMusicMan Thread Starter

Hi all

Anyone have any tips as to how to format e-mail messages within Outlook 2000 to look like a well laid out newsletter?

I need to prepare a 'newsletter' type of document for some friends on a monthly basis and then to distribute this via e-mail. I know I could do it in Word or any other documentation application etc, but it would be good if I could do it embedded within an e-mail.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

ta in advance

John

2. Foamer

Foamer Guest

Hi John...

I have had to do the same thing many times and have an "off the wall" method that I use.

First... Go right ahead and construct your news letter in Word. If you are comfortable using it... I don't see any reason why you shouldn't use it. I do. But after you are done constructing the news letter in word... you will have to get it on to an e-mail.

This is how I do it...
    After you have finished your news letter in word... take your pointer to the top of this document and highlight everything on said document. Then float the pointer over any highlighted area and click it with thr "right" mouse button. When the menu pops up click "copy". Reduce your Word program. "Do not close it out!" and start your Outlook2000. Then open an new e-mail or the e-mail you are going to send out. Left click the pointer over the blank e-mail so the curser is flashing on said e-mail. Then right button click the curser and select "Paste" from the menu. Your Word document will copy onto your e-mail

If you run into formating problems with this method there is a second method that you can use...
    After you are done compleating the news letter in word... save it as a HTML document. Go to the folder where you saved it and double click the icon. The document will load up in your Internet Explorer. After it loads up... go to the top of your Explorer window and click "View" in the tool bar and then "Source" in the menu. A new window will pop up. This will be a script of HTML programing. Using the same method as explained in the first method... highlight and copy all of the HTML code. Now open your Outlook2000. As before open a new e-mail. This time look for a tab at the bottom of the e-mail that says "Source" and click it. Left click at the end of any writing in this space and use your "Backspace to erase everything there. Now right click over the curser and select "Paste" from the menu. Your word document will copy into your e-mail.

This may sound rather complicated. But once you get use to it... it is rather an easy way to get anything from Word into Outlook.

Good luck :)

3. Brooks

Brooks Guest

Outlook 2000 also allows you to set it to use Word 2000 as your email editor. This gives you all the options for word in your email program.

In Outlook, go to tools, options, mail format. Under message format, there is an option for using word. Check that.

4. RandyG

RandyG

If you have word 2000, then when you finish the newsletter, click on File, Send To, Mail Recipient. Note, do not send to Mail recipient (as Attachment). You will then notice that your Word document has the necessary To:, CC:. and Subject fields

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/64659

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice