formatting question

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

LilBamaGirl

Is it possible to reformat (wipe everything off of) a back up drive that is used solely for storage? I have some files on it that will not delete. Note: the back up drive has no operating system installed on it.

Thanks,
LBG

Yes, it is possible to format the drive. However, all information stored on the drive will be lost.

LilBamaGirl

I'm running XP but I don't have an XP disk, all I have is a set of 7 HP system recovery disks for when I have to reformat my C drive.

im not familar with xp, but i think you can format a back up drive from disk manager. hang tight someone will be along to help you.

cavtek said:
im not familar with xp, but i think you can format a back up drive from disk manager. hang tight someone will be along to help you.

Absolutely

CONTROL PANEL - ADMIN TOOLS - COMPUTER MGT. - DISK MGT.

Right clikc the graffic of the drive you want ot format and select format.

LilBamaGirl

Ok and it will completely erase it and I won't have any problems with the drive itself then?

LilBamaGirl said:
Ok and it will completely erase it and I won't have any problems with the drive itself then?

It will format, but who knows if you have other problems. But that is the easiest way to wipe it.

LilBamaGirl

k thank you, I have to get all my stuff that I want on it moved then I will try that, this will take a lil while though. thanks for all of yalls help.

LilBamaGirl

Just want you all to know that you guys have helped me so much when I have had problems. I really do appreciate it more than you know.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.