1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Formatting SanDisk

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by num, Jan 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. num

num Thread Starter

Hello,

I am using Canon PowerShot SD500 DIGITAL ELPH with a Lexar SD 1 GB memory card. Now the photographs that are taken on that card come out to be corrupt, how do I reformat the card and be able to use it with the camera still?

Is there a special program required to do such a thing?

I have the card reader already.

2. bigbear

bigbear

You should be able to format the card within the camera itself, go to menu, card setup and delete all pictures. To delete the pictures it formats the card.

3. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

If for some reason the camera won't format it, try Disk Management.

Right click My Computer, Manage, Disk Management. Locate the FLASH disk and right click the graphic and select Format. You want the FAT format, not FAT32 or NTFS.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/435946

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice