1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Formatting to ME

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by sk8house911, Jan 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sk8house911

sk8house911 Thread Starter

Hello. I have a computer with two hard drives. On one is a broken Windows XP that ran slowly in the first place. On the other is Linux Mandrake. I could not really think of a category to put this in, so I put it here. I want to format everything and have one hard drive with Windows ME, and the other just for other music, documents, and stuff. Is there anyway I can do this?

Thank you,

[email protected]

2. Toddles18

Toddles18

Sure, just use a windows boot disk, format both partions, and then install WinME on your c: drive.

3. deanas

deanas

You might want to fdisk first. The linux uses a
    different system so whichever harddrive had it
    needs to be first deleted in fdisk and then
    make a primary partition. If you need help with
    this just post back.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/65889

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice