1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Formatting win XP without a floppy disk?

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by illumina, Feb 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. illumina

illumina Thread Starter

Hi
    I have a windows XP system, and no floppy drive, and I want to format my system, but don't know how without a floppy drive.. XP version currently running is Home version, I want to install professional.
    Any help will be greatly appreciated!

2. MFDnNC

MFDnNC

The XP install disk will do that for you, just boot from it and delete the partition, creat on and format

3. illumina

illumina Thread Starter

Thanks!
    I've always used floppies up until now, so I am like a fish out of water
    I have these flash drives etc, and still have no clue what they do, hehe, I've looked on tigerdirect, very expensive just for a few cards :/

4. Lance1

Lance1

Boot from the CD. At boot up you see at the bottom of the screen” hit any key to boot from the CD/ROM. Hit any key and it’ll boot from the CD. Just follow the prompt to reformat the drive and install XP Pro.

Go to the link for more info.

XP Pro Install

5. Elvandil

Elvandil

If you prefer, you can do an inplace upgrade with the XP Pro CD and go from Home to Pro without formatting or losing any of your current programs or settings.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/329642

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice