1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Formatting XP...

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Ardfoe8, Sep 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ardfoe8

Ardfoe8 Thread Starter

Quick question: I want to reformat. How do I go about doing it? From searching the forums, I find that I need to use my installation CD, but is that all? Anything else?

Keep in mind that my one drive is partitioned into two.

Actually, now that I've reminded myself, how can I get rid of the partition? In other words, how can I just make it one big drive again instead of two?

Thanks.

Fast response is appreciated :D.

2. BumontheRun

BumontheRun

Put in your xp cd and boot from it...after it loads press enter to set up xp...agree and then it takes you to manage the partitions...
    you can delete or create partitions...

To make the partition use the whole drive, u have 2 options... delete both partitions and create one big one...or just format the one partition and use a program like partition magic to change the size of it to take up the whole drive...

Though its a good idea to keep 2 seperate partitions...incase ur windows one gets a virus or screws up...ur files on the other partition will still be there and u won't lose them unless it messes up for some reason...

Anyways after u have the partitions how you want... pick the one you want and press enter...then format...don't pick the quick cause it doesn't format the whole partition... only like the beggining and end parts of it, but it still deletes everything on it.

Hope this helps...

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/167492

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice