Forms and passing variables.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

JonathanAnon

Banned
Here's the deal. I have a user database (PHP/MYSQL). I want to pass variables from the original signup form to the re-enter page when the data has been entered wrongly. But I want the values that have been correctly entered to be held for the re-enter page.

I can do this with PHP. But is there any way that I can do this purely with HTML.

For example if I reference a document "users.htm?variable1=1&variable2=2"
how can I retreive these values using HTML. I can do it with PHP by using the $_POST['variable1'] and $_POST['variable2'] statements.

Any suggestions.

Why not just do a java forma validation that places the focus on the next field that is not correct? It will never leave the page and post untin all of the fields are validated.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online