1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Forms in word 2000

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by jgjulio, Feb 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jgjulio

jgjulio Thread Starter

I have MS Word forms that are filled out and saved. On all my machines (XP with Office 2000) all is well. We open the forms, all the check boxes and fields are seen and can be edited.
    On one machine, also XP with Office 2000 all the forms formatting are not there. The forms tool bar is there, but protecting or un protecting the form does nothing. The text is there, but the fields and check boxes are missing.

Taking the exact same form to another machine yields the correct formatting.
    It seems obvious that the copy of Word on my "bad machine" is missing some function.

Can anyone tell me what the problem is and how to fix it.
    Thanks

2. jgjulio

jgjulio Thread Starter

A bit of an update.

I downloaded from an on-line backup service we use a word document that has formatting. (Same file as opened on the host computer that is having problems.)

The newly downloaded file opened with the forms function intact!
    It is not Microsoft Word!

The next most likely suspect is that I initially put the documents into the offending computer from a pocket PC. I set up a partnership between two computers and the pocket PC. The sync appeared to be successful but it seems that it may have stripped the formating.

I don't know if this is the correct forum to keep this post going.

Any help would be appreciated.

I am thinking of transferring the word documents into the second computer by a physical transfer such as using a flashdrive first. Then establishing a partnership?
    Any ideas are welcome.

Thanks

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/328102

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice