Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forms in Word

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Anne Troy 
#1 ·
I am trying to set up a from in Word. The goal is to have drop-down boxes and other web components so people can enter info. It is basically a form to request stuff from other people in the company.

I am trying to find a way to have the info from the form be emailed to someone when they click the submit button. I have a test form set up with everything I need, and then when I click the submit button I get the new email message but nothing appears in the body.

I know I am missing something, I just can't figure it out.

Thanks

#2 ·
Word is a word-processor, not a HTML editor. If you need a webpage, Word is not a good start. Been there, so trust me.

Anyway, you are experiancing a limitation which affects many new web browsers. To solve it, you need to resort to something like CGI, and judging by the fact you rely on Word to get it done, will be complete overkill for what you want to achieve.

Either that or use a hyperlink to open up the default mail client and send it that way. Simply use an email address instead of a location.

As I said, if you learn HTML it really will help. Try:
www.htmlgoodies.com
www.webmonkey.com
www.w3schools.com

#4 ·
G'gio,

Are you saying that you send them a WORD DOC which is your form - they fill in the appropriate data - hit a macro that Emails the info back to you (or does it attach the DOC?) - but when you receive it, there is no info in the body of the Email. (or there is no DOC attached?)

Are you using a mail macro or scrambling up some VBA from your Edit Notification XLS?

I R curious

- C

#5 ·
I am not using the VBA from that xls sheet. It only sends a notification email without sending the actual doc.

I was hoping to save the file as an html and send the email from there. A new email opens, but it doesn't include the data from the form.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.