1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Formula 1, 2012

Discussion in 'Random Discussion' started by pyritechips, Nov 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. valis

valis Moderator

gad........i read somewhere today that schumi is 'guaranteeing' podium finishes next year.....this 'silly season' is shaping up to be one of the silliest ever. Banishing team rules, return of KERS....what next? No overtaking except during the beer laps?

2. pyritechips

pyritechips Jim Thread Starter

Ha! Maybe Schumey is dreaming that Mercedes is going to make Rosberg pull over for him? I don't care how much Brawn loves him, Michael should have stayed retired and not made a fool of himself.

3. valis

valis Moderator

agreed. Sorta like that Farve dude from (your perspective) south of the border.

4. pyritechips

5. paisanol69

paisanol69

Yea...I saw that a fews(?) days ago,^^^^^^^^^^

and after following the link to another site ( from the mostly useless official F1 site) I saw the available downloads in pdf format, for the official technical specs, and the official rules (both ammended to reflect all the upcoming changes) so I downloaded them, in english.

Next year I will have them to hand, when theres controversy during a race ( I could NOT find them this year) so I am ready for whatever happens, at least until they change them again...

6. paisanol69

paisanol69

....thread and get it back up on the front page for a while,

What better way to start, than posting a nice juicy tidbit, that illustrates how ole Bernie can work behind the scenes ( maybe thats why he can afford to wear a third of a million dollars in personal jewelery, and donate it to charity, during a street solicitation, without batting an eyebrow):eek::D

http://www.itv-f1.com/news_article.aspx?id=49863

7. paisanol69

paisanol69

...and what I find even more interesting, is how they are spending the money, to acquire the talent that they (Ferrari) think is going to help them be in a better position to win, in the next season.

(I wonder how much his contract cost them?)

http://www.itv-f1.com/news_article.aspx?id=49859

8. pyritechips

Good posts. I read about them both but was a bit busy to get them down.

Bankers and sleazy business and Bernie: business as usual in F1 :rolleyes:

I can see a real head-to-head battle between Ferrari and REd Bull next year but the ponies need a better second driver if they want to challenge for the constructors' championship. I'd like to see Kubica with the team.

9. pyritechips

How long before Hispania folds? They were already in trouble and now they are crying sour grapes by calling FOTA "nonsense" and admitting that they did not pay the 2010 fees. Sounds like a team up against the wall trying to save every penny possible before folding. It would not be a risky bet to say they won't be on the grid come March 13.

10. paisanol69

paisanol69

I think you may have it right!

They had a lot of controversy during the season last year, and now that you mention they did not pay their FOTA fees for last season, it's not going to bode well for them, with the other teams.

It's too bad that Alonso isn't a part of their organization ..LOL

11. pyritechips

On a sad note:

Tyrrell designer Derek Gardner dies aged 79

Those were heady times. Cars with wings, six wheels, big fans in the back. A time before corporate sponsorship or manufacturer's buying teams. A time when guys like Ken Tyrell and Gardner could field a car of their own dreams and win...

Bon voyage, Derek. And I miss you too, Ken. :(

12. pyritechips

13. valis

valis Moderator

too many buttons?

Yup, they're building towards something.

14. pyritechips

Yeah Tim. Don't be shocked if you see one of those "...Mutually decided to part company..." stories out of Maranello, followed closely by the announcement of Ferrari's first ever Polish driver. ;)

Remember, you heard it here first. :cool:

15. valis

valis Moderator

I'd not mind seeing Kubica in Ferrari livery.......love to see him smoke that whiny puke of a spaniard........

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/963291