Formula for excel

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.
BUT..... I finally understand the question: It was just missing some words!

CH the question was this. In Excel if I have a column with values not formulas :

but I wanted all records the values in those same cells to be one increment higher and remain as values:

What would I need to do?

KIWI nailed it.
You were looking to make a change to the actual cell values ( like adding new values without all the hastle) - not add formulas to increment the data in those cells without changing the values of the cells themselves.

I see the light!

Come to think of it....it's lit again!

- C

:D

Anne Troy

Anne
hastle???

HASSLE!

Get out of your castle much?? Go make some furniture or somethin!

:p

Maybe I should read the whole thing - I'm new to this stuff after all - and from Europe so we expect to be behind the the times!

You're not behind the times, itsyouagain - your just a ways east of them! :D

Read my answer #16 and see if his question then makes sense. Just don't ask me to explain it. I understand it now - and don't want to not understand it again.

:D -C

...and when I do venture out of the castle, I always leave a candle burning in the window! (I don't have curtains, so it's OK to do that sort of thing!)
And I can't afford any of the furninture I make, DBA !

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online