Solved Formula Help - &IF

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Jessihg12

I am currently pulling data from another worksheet in my workbook and subtracting the previous month's totals from the current month's totals to get the total new items (Jan totals 1100 & Feb totals 1,200 = 100 new items gained from Jan to Feb)
=Totals!E4-Totals!D4 (this formula is working correctly)
The problem is, in the next month's column, the formula reveals a large negative number because there is no data for that column yet. I'd like that column to be blank (or 0 - but preferably blank) if the return value is going to show negative. I am currently trying this formula, but it keeps returning "0" even if the output is positive - the "0" return is overriding the value of the subtraction.

=Totals!E6-Totals!D6&IF(F5<0,0,F5)

Please let me know if any of this is not clear or if you need more information.

etaf

Wayne
not surehow your data is structured
BUT
=IF( (Totals!E6-Totals!D6)<0, 0, Totals!E6-Totals!D6)
is the sort of formula you may need

Please upload a small clean sample of your data / workbook (not a picture) to the forum, Make sure you have removed any private information, remember this is a public forum and so available to anyone
We would like to see an example of your data and also a manual mock up of the expected results you want to achieve.

Jessihg12

I have uploaded a sample of what the basics of this would look like. Please let me know if you have any questions. Thank you!

Attachments

etaf

Wayne
=IF(Totals!C3="","",Totals!C3-Totals!B3)
in b2 and copy

if you want a zero in all the cells instead of a empty cell

change to
=IF(Totals!C3="",0,Totals!C3-Totals!B3)

Attachments

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online