Formulas on Wikipedia not visible

pahoehoe

there is the space where the formula should be in wikipedia but it appears to be white so i cant see it, please help.
ThanksScreenshot 2021-10-28 174146.png

cwwozniak

Chuck
Hello, pahoehoe, and welcome to TSG.

Wikipedia appears to use Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG) image files to show formulas on their pages. Perhaps your web browser does not support displaying SVG images or has the function disabled.

We would need to know exactly what web browser you are using and the operating system running your device to offer additional assistance.

Couriant

James
And to add, what extensions that you are using with the browser as some extensions like an ad blocker or a noscript type extension may inadvertently blocked the image.

plodr

Liz
Post the wikipedia link; we have no idea what page you are looking at.
Post what browser you are using. Have you tried a different browser? What happens?

pahoehoe

first of all thanks for your help,

second: firefox seems to be the problem, i tryed another browser (edge) and it worked.

third: the letters/formulas are there but i think they are white. If I open this wiki-page:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_mathematical_symbols_by_subject
and if I tilt my screen, I can barely see the symbols in the grey underlined boxes
Unbenannt.PNG
also, I'm using the dark-mode theme in firefox (switching back to standart-mode didn't help)
and the only extensions I use are Ecosia, Honey and Cisco Webex

cwwozniak

Chuck
Maybe we can do a quick test to see if the problem may be with how Wikipedia implements SVG files or if there is a basic issue with how your installation of Firefox is rendering SVG files in general.

The link below is to a developers page on the Mozilla website. About 1/3 of the way down the page it says, "This creates the following output:". Do you see a dark blue disc on a black rectangular background below the text? I do and I am using Firefox 93.0 (64-bit) on a desktop PC running 64-bit Windows 8.1 Pro.

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US...d_embedding/Adding_vector_graphics_to_the_Web

plodr

Liz
No problem in Windows 7 using FF ESR v 91.2 and I use a wood theme.

Load FF in safe mode. (This will disable your addons)
1. Click Help
2. Select Troubleshoot mode.

If it works then one of the addons is causing the issue.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online