Fortnite FPS Help

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

krusxde

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.9
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit, Build 18363, Installed 20200909204839.000000+060
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7500U CPU @ 2.70GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 142 Stepping 9, CPU Count: 4
Total Physical RAM: 12 GB
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics 620, 1024 MB
Hard Drives: C: 1861 GB (1692 GB Free);
Motherboard: HP 84A6, ver 80.31, s/n PHJFAE41VBX20S
System: Insyde, ver HPQOEM - 0, s/n CND9072XSW
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Enabled and Updated

This is my specs ATM. What can I do to improve my gaming experience? Im having FPS trouble. I average around 40fps in Solo matches. Any help or advice?

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
The product number(P/N) of your HP is needed so it can be correctly identified.

Based on the motherboard description, you appear to have a HP laptop.

Couriant

James
@krusxde Please continue with this thread for your own issue and refrain from adding to others. It will cause confusion on who is helping who.

As to your machine, from your information you have this HP Notebook - 15-da0057na

The Intel® HD Graphics 620 video card is not a powerful card. You would most likely need to set your game settings to run on low graphics settings and a lower resolution. It also uses the system memory to run, so you may be able to boost it a little by adding the maximum allowed memory for your system.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
James:
When I ran the serial number in the log at the HP support site, this is what I received.
That's why I requested the product number.

Capture.JPG

--------------------------------------------------

Couriant

James
James:
When I ran the serial number in the log at the HP support site, this is what I received.
That's why I requested the product number.

View attachment 282940

--------------------------------------------------
That is very strange... it does it for me without issue... is there a leading or following space that could be causing it to ask for product number?

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
You used this HP support site:
https://support.hp.com/us-en/checkwarranty

I went there and typed in the serial number, and the description of that laptop appeared. (y)
Weird!

It looks like krusxde is logged off or off-line.

-------------------------------------------------

Couriant

James
You used this HP support site:
https://support.hp.com/us-en/checkwarranty

I went there and typed in the serial number, and the description of that laptop appeared. (y)
Weird!

It looks like krusxde is logged off or off-line.

I know there is another link that allows you to do multiple serials and I always have trouble with that one, so I just do it one at a time.

krusxde

Is replacing my 4gb ram with a 16gb ram so in total 24gb useful to improve my game experience. I just want to boost my fps. i don't mind playing on lower resolution, I just don't want random freezes to happen.

krusxde

Is replacing my 4gb ram with a 16gb ram so in total 24gb useful to improve my game experience. I just want to boost my fps. i don't mind playing on lower resolution, I just don't want random freezes to happen.
Hello

Couriant

James
Please be patient. This is a open forum, not 1-1 live assistance.

I have been reviewing some information and it looks like Fortnite does average about 46fps on low settings ( 1280x720 res). Try using a lower resolution first before adding memory. In theory, your video should be smoother if you add more memory by replacing the original 4GB and adding 16GB to the 8GB you have already in there. I cannot find any information on the maximum allowed but since it's a new machine (last year or two) I suspect it would be at minimum 32GB.

krusxde

Please be patient. This is a open forum, not 1-1 live assistance.

I have been reviewing some information and it looks like Fortnite does average about 46fps on low settings ( 1280x720 res). Try using a lower resolution first before adding memory. In theory, your video should be smoother if you add more memory by replacing the original 4GB and adding 16GB to the 8GB you have already in there. I cannot find any information on the maximum allowed but since it's a new machine (last year or two) I suspect it would be at minimum 32GB.
so shall I get a 32gb ram card?

Couriant

James
so shall I get a 32gb ram card?
It depends on the computer. I cannot find any information, so the safest bet is to get a 32GB kit (2x 16GB), however I would recommend contacting HP or whoever you bought the computer from and double checking what is the maximum memory it can hold.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
krusxde:

If you have a HP 15-da0057na Notebook PC like James said, it has 2 SODIMM slots and supports up to 32 GB(16 GB x 2) of DDR4 RAM.

It originally comes with a single 4 GB DDR4-2133 module, so it definitely needs more RAM.
Capture.JPG

A 16 GB(8 GB x 2) kit should be sufficient, but if you want to max it out with 32 GB(16 GB x 2), that's your choice.

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts