1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

forum.kaspersky.com help won't work

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Diddykongrocks, Apr 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Diddykongrocks

Diddykongrocks Thread Starter

can any one else get the site forum.kaspersky.com to load i tryed in firefox , ie and safari and the page won't load i need to get on to check something but it won't load what can i do to get on please help at least let me know if you can get on.

2. Byteman

Byteman Gone but Never Forgotten

Loads fine here at 11:26PM 4/16

It's possible the site itself had a small glitch when you were trying.

When you run into this issue, try asking someone if they can access the site in question, that will let you know if the site is down or having an issue.

Try doing a thorough Disk Cleanup to get rid of temp, Temp Internet Files, and Cookies....

Remember- when you delete Cookies, you will not be able to sign into sites that require logging in, so be sure you and everyone knows all their usernames and passwords.

3. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    I just received your private message. I didn't have any problem getting the kaspersky forum site to load. The site may have had a problem at the time you tried to access it. Have you been able to access it since you started this thread?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4. Byteman

Hi, This may be a HOSTS file problem- let's try setting the HOSTS file back to the default:

Download HostsExpert: http://www.majorgeeks.com/Hoster_d4626.html

Choose one of the servers at Majorgeeks....save the file on your desktop...

• Unzip HostsXpert 4.2 - Hosts File Manager to a convenient folder such as C:\HostsXpert 4.2 - Hosts File Manager
    • Run HostsXpert 4.2 - Hosts File Manager from its new home
    • Click on "File Handling".
    • Click on "Restore MS Hosts File".
    • Click OK on the Confirmation box.
    • Click on "Make Read Only?"
    • Click the X to exit the program.
    • Note: If you were using a custom Hosts file you will need to replace any of those entries yourself.

*Now, try those sites that were having the problem again....post back if they still do not work

5. Diddykongrocks

ok but what dose this hostexpert thing do well it mess any of my files up and i was i member of the kaspersky forums i have posted a kaspersky related question there before so i may just ok to kasperskys website and contact them as well for more help . and do you have any other ideas it just seems to be that website that has problems.

6. Byteman

Hi, The HOSTS file controls what websites you can go to and if a good site is added to the HOSTS file, you won't be able to go there....which makes me think that this could have happened.

There is some malware that adds security sites to your HOSTS file on purpose, so you can't scan online for example.

Loading the default HOSTS file by using HostExpert will not change any of your files. It's purpose is to remove any wrong entries in the HOSTS file, it simply resets to default settings.

Below I have quoted what a malicious use of the HOSTS file can do....

All of which means, if the Kaspersky site somehow was added to your HOSTS file, you aren't going to go to that site at all!

Resetting your HOSTS file is just one way to see if it is what is preventing the Kaspersky site from working for you.

7. Diddykongrocks

ok thanks i well try this soon i also contacted kaspersky and let them know but they have not got back to me yet . but thanks for your help

8. Byteman

Hi, I have replied to your other thread about keyloggers.

From the list of security apps you have there, I suspect one to be the cause of you not being able to get into the online forum at Kaspersky ....try looking in Zone Alarm's Blocked settings, see if anything related to Kaspersky is being blocked.

Also, forums sometimes ban users for various reasons, are you certain there would not be anything like that, which keeps you from entering the forum?

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/704417

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice