1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Forward Outlook Express 6

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by sbm, May 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sbm

sbm Thread Starter

Hi There!

Can someone please tell me how to forward my emails from outlook express to my email address on NTL Broadband?

Thanks
    Sharon

2. bassetman

bassetman Moderator - Gone but never forgotten

You mean once you receive them?
    If so go to Tools/Message Rules and make a rule that forwards all your mail to that new address. But remember that you would have to still receive the mail before OE can forward it and I am guessing that's not really what you want. :eek:

John ;)

Supply more details if needed :cool:

3. Casey820

Casey820

I'm not familiar with NTL Broadband, so maybe that's why I don't understand.

What do you use to check your e-mail for NTL Broadband? Did the company give you a special program? Do you go to a web site to read it? What type of e-mail account do you use with Outlook Express? Is it Hotmail? Is it a previous internet service provider's account?

My broadband provider supplies an e-mail address and POP3 servers so I check that account's e-mail through Outlook Express.

4. sbm

sbm Thread Starter

5. SabreWolf3

SabreWolf3

Hi Sharon,

A quick check of ntlworld.com shows that you have the ability to do just the opposite of what you asked for. They offer a service to forward all of your NTL mail to another email account, so why don't you just do that? You can forward all mail to your outlook express account and check it from one place.

As Casey hinted at, the easiest solution would be to ask NTL's technical support if you can access your web-based email via Outlook Express. Odds are, there is a way to do it. Just make sure you have your Outlook Express account set up to utilize your broadband connection and not a dial-up.

If you need further help, let us know!

Good luck!
    Richard

6. sbm

sbm Thread Starter

Hi Guys
    Thanks Richard for your input, however I'd much prefer to transfer the mail FROM outlook to my webmail address.

I have managed to enter my pop mail details in the email options on NTL. However, everytime I ask it to poll th pop account it reads "Connection timed out".

Help please?!?

7. bassetman

bassetman Moderator - Gone but never forgotten

Here is a capture of my time out settings that work for me. If your's are lower you could up them. If they are already higher, the problem could be in some other part of your connection.

John :cool:

Attached Files:

8. sbm

sbm Thread Starter

Hi John

Thaks for the info, unfortunately my set-up is identical to yours.

Any other suggestions anyone?

Ta
    Sharon

9. Kitty200

Kitty200

How do I use my webmail address in outlook as an account. What do I type in server information?

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/81428