1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Forwarding list of URLs

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by cwc000, Dec 11, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. cwc000

cwc000 Thread Starter

I have two questions:
    I would like to make a list of Websites for my daughter. Is there a way to make a list that then she could activate without having to write in the address. I know of course how to forward one link but I thought maybe there would be a way to send multiple links.

Feel stupid but I could not figure out how to log in on TSG Home Page today. Had to go back to an old e-mail in Nov. replying to one of my posts. Where do you go to Log In?:confused:

2. DoyceJ

DoyceJ

Yes you can. What are using?

As soon as you attempt to post, the box for signing in will appear if you are not already logged in. And, on the home page, at the very bottom, in little bitty te-tiny words, you will see log-in or log-out. Click it. :)

3. Brooks

Brooks Guest

In Outlook Express, you have to type in the links, or surf to the page and then copy the link to insert it.

One thing you could do if you have a lot of links to send her is to create a favorites folder and put the links into that folder, then use the import export option in IE to export that folder to a bookmark file. Then attach the exported bookmark file to your email message.

The quickest way would be to create the folder, then go to explorer and copy and paste the url shortcuts into the new folder.

4. DoyceJ

DoyceJ

Brooks- How are things in Homewood? Im in Gadsden. :)

5. Brooks

Brooks Guest

Busy :D

I take it that the falls have recovered from the drought of 2000. I took my wife to see them and it was only a trickle:(

6. DoyceJ

DoyceJ

Its better but not great yet. Its strange how no rainfall will do that huh? :)

7. hewee

hewee

In Netscape it's real easy also to just sent your bookmarks.html file.
    You could use Netscape Composer to edit the bookmarks so that she would only get the one's you want to give here.
    To do this open Netscape and go to file, open page and a box will pop up. Then go to your user folder and find the bookmarks and click ok to open it in Netscape. Or you can check to have it open in Composer. Then Highlight all the links and hit you spacebar to deleted the bookmarks out.
    The big black bold text you see are the folders in your bookmarks.
    Then go to file and pick SAVE-AS and rename it Mykid or what every.

Just Do Not click save or it will over right the bookmarks you have now. Make sure you pick Save-As.

You could do it in Netscape Messenger also real easy.

8. cwc000

cwc000 Thread Starter

Thanks so much for all the advice. I'm going to jump in and learn!:)

9. DoyceJ

DoyceJ

Just dont let yourself get discouraged if it doesnt happen the way you like first time. We still mess up also. :)

Well, I do anyway. :D

10. hewee

hewee

You need less beer and more coffee.:D

cwc000,

Good luck and yes if you need help post back and also till us if you used I.E. or Netscape.

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/61472

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice