1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

forwarding with linksys router

Discussion in 'Networking' started by a_low, Feb 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. a_low

a_low Thread Starter

I am new at this and any help would be much appreciated. I have three pc's connected and i am trying to forward ports and port triggering. I want to be able to connect to msn zone with both pc's and play online. I have all the ranging numbers however i have this site to go by http://freehost27.websamba.com/+NibblesNbits/files/portsets_no1.jpg and i am not sure what ip address to add to the pc's? Also do i enter these numbers twice with the two differnt ip address for both? My ip address is 192.168.1.100 and my other pc is same but .101 . Can someone help me out please!!! i am following the steps on this site to open ports. http://freehost27.websamba.com/+NibblesNbits/whydo.html Thanks!!!!!!!!!!

2. Rockn

Rockn

With the Linksys you shouldn't have to do anything at all to share a connection. If it has switch ports and you are getting the IP addresses you are you should be set. The only issue I can see is if your ISP only allows for one connection frm one MAC address from your router. The way around that is to use the MAC address cloning feature of the router. There might be some ports you need to open for certain games and you are correct in attempting to use port forwarding. The example is right there in the link you sent....just substitute the 192.168.0.20 with 192.168.0.101 or 102

3. a_low

a_low Thread Starter

On the port forwarding screen do i add all the numbers listed with the ip address .100 then add all the numbers in again with the ip address .101 for a total of 10 numbers listed? Thank you for the help

4. Rockn

Rockn

If you want ot forwared ports on both PC's and you need that many ports open yes. If it's just for a service like FTP you would do port range 21 - 21 for 192.168.0.100 and if you wanted an FTP server on 101 you would do the same thing. The same thing applies for your games.

5. a_low

a_low Thread Starter

I want to be able to play both pc's on ms zone. It's says on that site i listed above that i should copy what is shown it only shows things being forward to one ip address and it ends with .20 my ip address ends with .100 (i got this info from that NAT link on the site) Do i need to add this for both ip #'s??? Also they have under port tiggering directplay7 and directplay 8 should i be adding these as well? One last question it says at the botton rinse and repeat on both pc's however i when i go to my other pc with the .101 address it show's the same settings that i entered on my .100 address so do i need to even enter anything from my .101 pc??? Thanks for your patience i really want to be able to play on the msn zone with both pc's. When i was only using 1 pc i went to the DMZ host and changed my ip address to .100 this worked and i could play online however now i want both pc's to be able to play and this has been a chalenge! Thanks agian!!!

6. a_low

a_low Thread Starter

update: I am having no luck with the two pc thing so i decided to see if u could forward the port to my pc with the .100 ip address to see if i could going an age of empire game on msn. I Left my DMZ host to .0 Wasn't sure if i am supose to change it, I forward the ports like to says to in the screen shot above using all the same numbers except for the ip address i changed that to .100 and i was un able to join a game? Can someone please help me with where i am going wrong with this?

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/117957

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice