1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

found a computer with vista. how can i defrag..

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Grave_Digger, Jan 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Grave_Digger

Grave_Digger Thread Starter

its really my first time dealing with this os. i know how to defrag in xp but i cant seem to find it in vista....

also how can i clean up the computer for best results...

2. huggie54

huggie54

hiya,could you define "found"

3. Grave_Digger

Next to a dumpster. Still has couples pictures in it and phone book but that about it.

I actually just figured how to defrag. Yet its not like xp with the visual diagnosis nor diagram to show defrag process...

4. huggie54

huggie54

you really should call someone from the address book to see if they know how the PC ended up there,(kinda good deed)

5. Grave_Digger

Naw too much trouble. I mean found it next to dumpster and here in the states its legal to keep some else trash as ur property if u choose to keep it.

It didnt end up by accident there mate.

6. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    If you found that Vista computer still containing all the "debris" from its previous owner, you really need to do a clean reinstall of Vista and get a fresh start with it.

Disk Defragmenter in Vista is located in Start - All Programs - Accessories - System Tools, just like XP.

It looks and works very differently though.

----------------------------------------------------------

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1086287

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice