found a computer with vista. how can i defrag..

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Grave_Digger

its really my first time dealing with this os. i know how to defrag in xp but i cant seem to find it in vista....

also how can i clean up the computer for best results...

Grave_Digger

Next to a dumpster. Still has couples pictures in it and phone book but that about it.

I actually just figured how to defrag. Yet its not like xp with the visual diagnosis nor diagram to show defrag process...

you really should call someone from the address book to see if they know how the PC ended up there,(kinda good deed)

Grave_Digger

Naw too much trouble. I mean found it next to dumpster and here in the states its legal to keep some else trash as ur property if u choose to keep it.

It didnt end up by accident there mate.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
If you found that Vista computer still containing all the "debris" from its previous owner, you really need to do a clean reinstall of Vista and get a fresh start with it.

Disk Defragmenter in Vista is located in Start - All Programs - Accessories - System Tools, just like XP.

It looks and works very differently though.

----------------------------------------------------------

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online