1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

found new hardware every log in

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by havago, Jan 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. havago

havago Thread Starter

hello guys please could you help me i have a new pc about 3 months old h,p,b i have just switched on the pc and found new hardware came up even tho i have not put any new hardware in so i canceled it
    then i found that my speakers are not working even tho they have been working since i put them in months ago
    the yellow ? is over the the speaker device
    and i get
    pci bus o device 20 function 2 message
    i am running windows xp home
    any help would be great thank you guys
    havago:mad:

2. Anthony:-P

Anthony:-P

Hi havago,

Go to start > right click my computer > properties > hard ware > device manager

When it opens, go down to the yellow question mark. Expand it, is there anything there?

Kind Regards
    Anthony

3. havago

havago Thread Starter

thank you for your help mate but i did a system restore and sorted it that way
    i have a mikomi web cam that i can not install to save my life if you no any driver sites for that i would be very greatful i have tryed every thing i no but with no results
    thank you again
    havago

4. Anthony:-P

Anthony:-P

Hi,
    Well there is here --> http://members.driverguide.com/ however you need to register.

Other than that, keep looking round on google, as that can normally give a couple of ideas.

Kind Regards
    Anthony

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!