1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Found New Hardware

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by vicki_nb, Sep 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. vicki_nb

vicki_nb Thread Starter

I've had Windows XP for almost about 8 months and I kept my old printer/scanner (WorkCentre M940) when I bought the new pc. Now, of course, the WorkCentre is not compatible with XP but I have been using it anyways and it's working fine.

Problem is, every single time I start up my computer I have to wait for the "found new hardware" popups to go away. It pops up twice plus a reminder and then another one telling me that the installation failed. I even downloaded the driver that is supposed to make the WorkCentre work with XP but it still does all of this.

Is there anyway to make it stop going through the "found new hardware" process for the WorkCentre everytime I start my pc?

2. MFDnNC

MFDnNC

Remove the printer from control panel, boot and see if it can install it now with the correct drivers.

3. vicki_nb

vicki_nb Thread Starter

I've tried that and I still get the popups. Like I said, it's working fine I just need the popups to go away. It's very frustrating.

4. Training

Training

Try this:

1) Right-click My Computer, go to Properties -> Hardware -> Device Manager and look for any items with a yellow circle and black exclaimation point.

2) If there are any of these items right click them, go to Properties and under device usage select "do not use this device (disable)".

3) Reset and see if you still get popups.

5. kath100

kath100

Try setting it up using the windows compatibility wizard.
    Start / Programs / Accessories / Program Compatibility Wizard.
    :)

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/271674

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice