1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Found out email address of a hacker. What can I do now?

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Jencon, Feb 16, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Jencon

Jencon Thread Starter

Hello.

My other half's Facebook account has been hacked twice in the last 24 hours. We have been able to regain control both times, and now I've managed to find out what the email address of the hacker is. My question is: is there any way for me to report the person harassing us using the email address? Any help or tips regarding the matter would be highly appreciated.

2. dlipman

dlipman

First Name:
    David
  3. lunarlander

lunarlander

At least you can tell the Facebook company.

4. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    If this account has been hacked twice and you have been able to break the hack, then there needs to be a MUCH stronger password used, or there was no hack to begin with.

Also, it may help us, what did you do to break these hacks?

5. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
  6. AnthonyL22

AnthonyL22

If you no the email address, the start of the email may give a name, this will allow you to find and identify the hacker, they may have Facebook themselves to identify weaknesses within Facebook. You can then identify the person and report that profile and then when it says add a comment to the report, mention that they have hacked you several times. It is also against Facebooks Terms of Service to create multiple accounts so keep an eye out for more profiles with the same person. They may have something similar between them, just be aware, it is difficult to tell.

Hope you get sorted soon,

Anthony.

7. dlipman

dlipman

First Name:
    David
    Knowing an email address is not enough. Email may be forged. A free account could be used with false information and the perpetrator may use a VPN or Proxy to obfuscate their GeoIP.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1223184

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice