Fourth of July

ekim68

Mike
Anyone going somewhere for the 4th? I heard that it's supposed to be one
of the most crowded weekends on highways...We're going to a local minor
league baseball team game with fireworks, afterwards... The Eugene Emeralds.
A San Diego Padre farm team..

No but will be going to Disneyland after the 4th and I can see the fireworks there for the 50th birthday they are having. :D

we will ALL (min.60, max 80+ ) go to a local parade. Some participate, some as spectators all as enjoyers. We now have 28 vets who, I am sure, will all be in uniforms, and march as a group. Then everyone will make their way back to my place bringing picnic baskets, coolers, chairs, mementos. From then until dusk there will be much food, laughter, game playing, horse shoes at da pit, volleyball, and croquet. Karaoke machine on the back lawn.

Lots of family stories, grins and giggles. This year I am sharing some old recipes that were I assume passed down from my great great gram. Newspaper they are on is dated Sept. 24, 1905. Think it is the Boston Herald. Do you think anyone there will recall ever have eaten any of those foods?.

Promptly at 4 anyone who brought something can participate in a Yankee shop. We prefer homemade items, or family memorabilia. If you've never been to one, you do not know what you have missed. Three words laughter, victory, defeat. LOL (ask if u want, I'll explain)

At dusk we will all work our way car pooling to local fireworks.

Unfortunately, we won't be having one like the one we had last year. :( Point of Rocks is sort of on the side of a mountain looking over the piedmont area, ya know? Well, the fireworks, illegal in Maryland, could be seen 14 miles away. :eek: We had one heck of a show!

ekim68

Mike
hewee said:
No but will be going to Disneyland after the 4th and I can see the fireworks there for the 50th birthday they are having. :D
We went there a month ago and the fireworks are fantastic....

They even shot one off that exploded in a 'cube' form....That's right,
a perfect 3D cube. (In green, as I recall.) Amazing...

ekim68

Mike
sexylady said:
well, we will celebrate the birth day of my youngest brother :)
A holiday and a birthday...Twice the reasons to celebrate....Right on.

And, we all should celebrate as much is possible....Life is short...

ekim68,

Thanks I know it will be great to see everything there and I look forward to having a great time.
But I know fireworks can be in shapes to show things because one summer in Ill. we seen them and they had picture of Disney's Mickey Mouse etc and that is the only time I every seen fireworks like that. It was great seeing it and that was almost 40 years ago so Disneyland will be better then that. :)

lol i live near philly... and every year the last few eyars they been doing a huge concert at the steps of the art museum on the 4th.... so i might go to that.... as some of you may have heard philly is also hosting Live 8 on july 2nd on the same stage they are going to use on the 4th.... so this weekend in philly is gonna be insane.

ekim68

Mike
Are you going to Live 8? Or, can you hear it from where you are?

ekim68

Mike
hewee,
Think you could take some pictures and share? Great place...Makes me younger
when I go there..

ekim68

Mike
Well, we didn't go to the baseball game, but we went to the fireworks...Cool...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online