1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Foxpro 2.0 on XP Home, Cash Drawer Problem

Discussion in 'Software Development' started by RyDyMo, Jan 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RyDyMo

RyDyMo Thread Starter

I have an old POS application written in Foxpro 2.0 that fires a serial cash drawer by redirecting the output to the serial port and sending a signal out the port.

The user just moved the program to an XP Home machine and we can't get the cash drawer to open. The cash drawer company says that XP doesn't allow as much control of the serial ports and that is why the Set Printer To command isn't redirecting output.

We can open the cash drawer from a .bat file on the desktop, but can't call that .bat file from w/in the Foxpro program.

I'm hoping someone has run into this problem before.

I have lots of old programs running on XP Pro machines, but none with a cash drawer.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/536480

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice