Foxpro 2.0 on XP Home, Cash Drawer Problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

RyDyMo

I have an old POS application written in Foxpro 2.0 that fires a serial cash drawer by redirecting the output to the serial port and sending a signal out the port.

The user just moved the program to an XP Home machine and we can't get the cash drawer to open. The cash drawer company says that XP doesn't allow as much control of the serial ports and that is why the Set Printer To command isn't redirecting output.

We can open the cash drawer from a .bat file on the desktop, but can't call that .bat file from w/in the Foxpro program.

I'm hoping someone has run into this problem before.

I have lots of old programs running on XP Pro machines, but none with a cash drawer.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online