1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

FoxTab Speed Dial

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by xMP44x, Apr 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xMP44x

xMP44x Thread Starter

Hey all. I recently found a Firefox addon that I think I might really enjoy. It's called FoxTab, and I have a question about it. FoxTab has a feature called 'Speed Dial'. I know there are a few other addons that are alternatives to the one built into FoxTab, but neither of the two I have tried look nearly as good. I've looked around on the Internet for about half an hour now, as well as trying some ideas of my own on the subject of trying to get Speed Dial as my homepage.

Some people have recommended downgrading to an older version of FoxTab and merely using Speed Dial, but I really want to use FoxTab's version, because it looks awesome. The FoxTab page appears to not have a URL of its own, and when I choose to use my current page as my homepage from the options, it will give me "about:blank". Unfortunately, this won't make it work. I've tried other options in a hope to make it work for me, and it just seems like it won't work for me. So I'm hoping one of you, or more, if possible, have ideas how to make it work, and hopefully something will turn out to be successful. Below is the information I'm assuming will be useful:

Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate (32 Bit)
    FF Version: Firefox 3.6.3
    FoxTab Version: FoxTab 1.3 (latest release)

Much thanks for any help!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!