1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

foxtrotsam2

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by foxtrotsam2, Apr 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. foxtrotsam2

foxtrotsam2 Thread Starter

System Informtion: AcerPower (intel inside:Celron)
    Processor:Celron(TM) running at 500mhz ( :D ) wouldn't mind more
    MainBoard ID:V76M
    MainBoard S/N: 91.30F10.002
    SystemBios Version: V3.2
    CPU/DRAM Frequency: 100/100 MHZ - 66/100MHZ :confused:
    RAM: SDRAM upgrade to 320mgs from 64
    Hard drive upgrade from: 4 gig to 80 gig (runs great) :)
    FileSystem:NTFS :) (in case anyone wants to know, I find NTFS zippier working off line than the FAT32, is it because of the FAT compression?)
    Enabled: ultra DMA - Primary IDE Controller, thanks to you guys, :)
    Installed: GhostSurfer, :)

Perhaps I'm a danger to myself, but, at any rate, I have a fairly good and efficient smooth running machine, I keep it well oiled and tuned running regular maintenance progs. , since I started doing these upgrades (hard drive, RAM and other tweaks I've been doing), I want more. :eek:

I hope to install a CD writer, maybe use my extra 4gig HDD as a slave to hide my backup and other personal files, WebCam with voice.

Q1: Would upgrading my BIOS make any difference in performance or will I have to anyway, once I have everything I want installed?

Q2: If I were to upgrade my CPU to the next higher level - pending what the mother board will allow - will I have to simultaneously upgrade the power supply, cooling fan...

Q2: I know you can't run SDRAM chips side by side with DRAM, is there a difference in performance between the two if I were to change to DRAM, I think my mother board allows that?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/217368

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice