FP and shared hosting

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Melody0238

As you know in shared hosting you have a primary website and then all other websites are located in seperate folders which use the name of the folder as their path.

Is there anyway to get around the problem of Frontpage not being able to manuever down to a website (or folder) with out being able to have access to everyone elses websites. I had the websites on a virtual dedicated server and got convinced to move them to shared hosting.

I can go directly to a folder in ftp and isolate the user. But FP seems utterly lacking in this skill. Anyway to get around this problem. I would be afraid to let some of the people I share the hosting with wander around my sites.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online