1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

FPS drops during games

Discussion in 'Games' started by justincase858, Jul 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. justincase858

justincase858 Thread Starter

I play CSS, Americas Army, and Call of duty 4 on my laptop. I usually run cod4 and css at 125 frames while I play and America's Army is capped at 85. Every 5 minutes or so of gameplay my framrate drops to about 20-30 for about 10-20 seconds. This causes some significant problems during match play.I have attached my dxdiag to this post.

I shut down my laptop every night, I have it in an air conditioned room and it sits on a laptop cooler. I unplugged my external harddrive and updated all of my drivers 2 days ago. I have also turned all of the graphics to low and I cannot stop these frame drops.

Attached Files:

2. justincase858

3. Eli24

Eli24

Your problem is not your laptop, but it your WIFI network.... Recently, many people have complained of unusually slow internet and often get the "broadband link error" message. You may want to look into upgrading your internet service provider. Also, as the games become more popular and more features are added to them, the main servers for the games become overloaded..

Hope this helps,

Sean

4. justincase858

uhhh Im plugged into internet directly and I have wifi turned off. My ping is around 30 in most servers. It is not internet.

5. Eli24

Eli24

Hmmmmm. In that case, it is probably your GSU being dusty. Take it to Best Buy and they should clean it for you. If that doesn't work, then it may be the 2nd solution, or rather, problem that is causing this slow performance

Also, you may want to read this thread on another forum, it seems to have more knowledge readily available as to increasing your ping rate and possibly reducing you lag spikes, which is what the framerate drops are called////

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark,3201032

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/935275

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice